Presentations concerning TransPAC2 can be found here along with the dates of upcoming events.
26-28 April 2010 Spring 2010 Internet2 Member Meeting - Arlington, Virginia
08-11 February 2010 29th APAN Meeting - Sydney, Australia
31-04 February 2010 Joint Techs Winter 2010 - Salt Lake City, UT
05-08 October 2009 Internet2 Fall Members Meeting 2009 - San Antonio , TX
Hyatt Regency San Antonio 123 Losoya Street San Antonio, TX 78205
20-23 July 2009 28th APAN Meeting - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Berjaya Times Square Hotel , Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
* GENI and the GMOC - PPT - [Jim Williams]
* TransPAC3 Plans - PPT - [George Mclaughlin ]
* Asia-US Collaborations - PPT - [Kazonori Konishi]
19-23 July 2009 Joint Techs Workshop - Indianapolis, IN, USA
27-29 April 2009 Internet2 Spring Members Meeting 2009 - Arlington, VA, USA
Venue: Crystal Gateway Marriott 1700 Jefferson Davis Highway Arlington, Virginia 22202
* TransPAC2 Meeting Agenda - DOC - [Jim Williams]
* TransPAC2 Update - PPT - [Jim Williams]
02-06 March 2009 27th APAN Meeting - Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Venue: Grand Hi-Lai Hotel, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
* BGP "Path-Hinting" is Real! - PDF - [Brent Sweeny]
* TransPAC2 Engineering Update - PDF - [Brent Sweeny]
01-05 February 2009 Joint Techs Workshop - College Station, TX, USA
20-22 October 2008 Chinese-American Network Symposium 2008 - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Venue: University Place Conference Center & Hotel
13-16 October 2008 Internet2 Fall Members Meeting - New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Venue: Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, New Orleans, Louisiana
21-23 April 2008 Spring 2008 Internet2 Members Meeting - Arlington, VA
Spring 2008 Internet2 Member Meeting April 21-23, 2008 Crystal Gateway Marriott 1700 Jefferson Davis Highway Arlington, Virginia 22202
17-25 January 2008 Techs in Paradise 2008 - Hawaii
Techs in Parades 2008 is a combination of the 25th APAN meeting and the Winter 2008 Internet2/ESNet Joint Techs Workshop.
* Presentations from the meeting
* TransPAC2 Update - PPT - [Brent Sweeny]
* BGP Path Hinting - PDF - [Brent Sweeny]
24-25 October 2007 IRNC Planning Meeting - Washington, D.C.
TransPAC2 updates are delivered to the National Science Foundation at this two day event.
* 2007 IRNC TransPAC2 Review - PPT - [Jim Williams]
* More presentations from the meeting.
08-11 October 2007 Fall 2007 Internet2 Member Meeting - San Diego, CA
* Updates on KOREN/APII - PPT - [Byung-Kyu Kim of KISDI]
* Network Design for TransPAC2 - TokyoXP Layer2 Connection - PDF - [APAN]
* APAN Tokyo XP Network Configuration - PDF - [APAN]
27-31 August 2007 24th APAN Meeting - Xiâ€™an, China
The 24th APAN Meeting will be held from August 27 to August 31, 2007 in Xi'An, China. This 5-day event will highlight tutorials, oral presentations and demonstrations covering advanced network technologies and applications. There will be plenty of opportunity to interact with researchers and practitioners from Asia Pacific and beyond during this meeting.
25-26 August 2007 CANS 2007 - Xi'an, China
CANS Objectives: Bring top network leaders from China and United States together to exchange information and experience, and promote partnerships between American and Chinese educational and research institutions, and the private sector.
* Cans Security Talk - PPT - [John Hicks]
23-25 April 2007 Spring 2007 Internet2 Member Meeting - Arlington, VA
* TransPAC2 Meeting - DOC | PDF - [Chris Robb]
* South Asia Networking Workshop
* Pacific Wave Architecture Update - PPT - [Dave McGaugh]
11-15 February 2007 Joint Techs Workshop - Minneapolis, Minnesota
Winter 2007 Joint Techs Workshop.
11-17 November 2006 Supercomputing '06 - Tampa, FL
24-25 October 2006 IRNC NSF Review - Washington, DC
The NSF will be conducting a bi-annual review of the International Research Network Connections (IRNC) project in Washington, DC. Oct 24 + 25. The TransPAC2 materials for submission to this review will be posted online following the event.
* TransPAC2 IRNC NSF Review - PPT - [Jim Williams/Chris Robb/John Hicks/Heather Boyles]
* IRNC Review TransPAC2 Workplan - DOC - [Jim Williams]
16-20 July 2006 Internet2 Joint Techs Workshop - Madison, WI
26 April 2006 TransPAC2 Meeting - Washington, DC
- Meeting Agenda
- TransPAC2 Update - Jim Williams
- International R&E Transit Keynote3|PDF- Chris Robb
- TEIN3 Update - Kazunori Konishi
- APAN NOC Activities - Kazonori Konishi
- APAN Measurement Activities - Masaki Hirabaru
- TIEN2 NOC Activities - Xing Li
- TEIN2 Routing and International Transit
26-28 March 2006 PRAGMA 10 Workshop - Townsville, Queensland, Australia
PRAGMA is an open, international initiative to establish sustained collaborations and advance the use of the computational grid among a community of investigators at the leading research institutions around the Pacific Rim.
05-08 February 2006 Winter 2006 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs workshop - Albuquerque, New Mexico
22-26 January 2006 21st APAN Meeting - Akihabara Convention Hall, Tokyo, Japan
This 5-day event will highlight tutorials, oral presentations and demonstrations covering advanced network technologies and applications. There will be plenty of opportunity to interact with researchers and practitioners from Asia Pacific and beyond during this meeting.
* US R&E Infrastructure Updates - PDF - [Chris Robb]
* Abilene Security Exercise - PPT - [Jim Williams]
12-13 December 2005 Cybersecurity Summit 2005 - Washington, DC
Cybersecurity Summit 2005 The research and education community faces a pressing need for effective and efficient strategies for securing its IT infrastructure. This requirement is particularly important in large, federally sponsored research facilities that operate very substantial, interconnected networks of diverse resources including computers, information stores, and special instrumentation. For this reason, the National Science Foundation and its partner agencies are hosting an invitation-only Cybersecurity Summit 2005 for NSF Large Research Facilities to bring together stakeholders to establish and maintain collaborative efforts to advance cybersecurity among the university and government research community. Along with leading experts in cybersecurity, the attendees will work to identify major threats, strategies, and solutions for a class of very difficult problems of technology, policy, and practice that increasingly threaten the successful operations of large facilities in support of distributed scientific research.
23-27 July 2005 20th APAN Meeting - Taipei, Taiwan
Venue: Howard Plaza Hotel - Taipei, Taiwan
* APAN Plenary Presentation - PPT - [Jim Williams]
* Global Federated Network Operations Structure (GFNOS) - PPT - [Jim Williams]
* TransPAC2 Security & REN-ISAC - PPT - [John Hicks]
* TransPAC2 Engineering. US R&E Initiatives - PDF - [Chris Robb]
* Square Kilometer Array - PDF - [Charles Smith (Cisco) chascisco.com]